Your March rewards are sorted with this set of 8 secondary reward boards, suitable for a variety of ages and ability levels (including older students).
These St. Patrick's Day rewards are a hit in my online classroom every March and they are sure to be in yours as well. They will provide a welcome break and a bit of fun throughout the lesson and give your students loads of vocabulary practice at the same time. Not only that, but they are great for extension activities and provide loads of opportunities for free talk with your student/s.
This resource is suitable for all online teachers, including ESL teachers who work with companies such as VIPKID, DadaABC, GoGoKid, SayABC, iTutorGroup and Whales English.
TWO STYLES OF REWARDS ARE INCLUDED:
- Pot of Gold Reward Boards- Great for younger students! Two of these are 'Find a Star' boards and two are 'Count Your Coins' boards. Your young students will learn loads of St. Patrick's Day vocabulary (including shamrock, lucky horseshoe, rainbow and gold coin) and have a blast collecting coins and calculating their total value.
- Find a Star Boards with St. Patrick's Day Conversation Starters- These ‘Find a Star’ reward boards have been created specifically for older or more advanced students. Each board contains four thought-provoking, St. Patrick's Day-themed questions that your student/s (and you, if you choose!) will answer. They provide an opportunity for free talk around the topics of St. Patrick's Day and Ireland and will give you and your student/s insight into the history of this holiday and how it is celebrated!
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
8 printable reward boards
Printable coin covers in two styles (numbered coins or colored coins) for covering the Pot of Gold reward boards
Printable number squares for covering the Find a Star Boards with Conversation Starters
Teachers' Notes- including instructions for preparing and using the reward systems in your online ESL lessons.
PREPARING THE REWARD SYSTEMS
These reward systems are quick and easy to prepare. Simply:
- Print the reward board that you would like to use and either the coins or number squares to cover the board.
- Cut out the coins or number squares.
- For extra durability, laminate the reward board and the coins/number squares.
- Place a piece of Blu Tack on the back of each coin/number square.
- Your reward system is ready to use! Happy teaching!
USING THE REWARD SYSTEMS
Place the reward board on a clipboard and stick the coins/number squares over each space. When your student/s perform well, say “Great Work!” and ask them to choose a coin/number. Reveal what is underneath and discuss the picture/question. Remember to reward your student/s with a star in your teaching platform when they uncover a star. Use this reward system as an opportunity for extension activities. For example, each time you reward a student, ensure that you introduce a new vocabulary word or ask a question relevant to the object.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR RESOURCES
As soon as your payment processes, you will be redirected to a download page. This usually takes no more than a minute or two. I recommend that you download your purchases immediately and save them to your computer. Shortly after your payment processes, you will receive an email that also contains the download link.
The easiest way to access your purchases in the future is to set up a Spark ESL account. All of your purchases will be stored in your personal account and you will be able to easily access them at a later date if need be.
Due to the nature of digital products (ie. they cannot be returned in the same way that a physical product can), Spark ESL does not offer refunds. It is your responsibility to determine if the product is right for you and/or your students prior to purchasing. If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out prior to making a purchase so that you can make a fully informed decision.
In the unlikely event that a complication arises with your order or you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we will work out the best solution for you.
I wish you and your students loads of fun and learning with this activity!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped.