Clip cards are a great addition to any phonics lesson. This set includes 26 self-checking clip cards- one for each letter of the alphabet.
What You Will Receive
26 self-checking clip cards – one for each letter of the alphabet
An alphabet chart in two different sizes (A4 and A5) which can be displayed in the classroom or individually distributed to students (color and black and white versions included).
A recording worksheet for students to record the correct answers
Teachers' Notes including instructions for preparing the clip cards and ideas for incorporating them into your classes
- Alphabet – initial sounds
- The following vocabulary words: apple, bee, cat, duck, egg, fish, grapes, house, igloo, jelly, kite, lion, moon, nose, octopus, pig, queen, rainbow, star, tree, umbrella, volcano, watermelon, xray, yogurt, zoo
- handwriting skills - as they record the correct answers on their worksheet
- fine motor skills - as they hold, clip and flip the cards
Preparing the Clip Cards
These clip cards are quick and easy to prepare, and instructions are included. To prepare the clip cards, print on cardstock and cut around the edges and down the middle of the page to create two separate cards. Fold each card in half and glue together. For extra durability, laminate the cards.
Using the Clip Cards
Students use clothespins or paper clips to choose the letter missing from the given word, then flip the card to check their answer against the correct one given on the back.
This resource is suitable for B&M classroom teachers and can easily be incorporated into online ESL lessons on platforms such as VIPKID, DadaABC, GoGoKid, SayABC, iTutorGroup and Whales English.
***BUY THE BUNDLE AND SAVE $$$***
This resource is also available in the Phonics Clip Cards Bundle. Buy the bundle and save over 30% on over 160 phonics clip cards.
More Alphabet Activities
- Uppercase Letters and Lowercase Letters Matching Cards
- Alphabet Ice Creams - Pastel Colors
- Alphabet Ice Creams - Bright Colors
- Alphabet Clip Cards- Match Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
- Alphabet "I Have, Who Has?" Game
More Phonics Clip Cards
Consonant Blends: R-Blends Clip Cards, Poster and Worksheet
- Consonant Blends: S-Blends Clip Cards, Poster and Worksheet
- Consonant Blends: L-Blends Clip Cards, Poster and Worksheet
- R Controlled Vowels Clip Cards, Poster and Worksheet
- Long Vowel Digraph Clip Cards, Poster and Worksheet
- Consonant Digraph Clip Cards, Poster and Worksheet
How To Access Your Resources
As soon as your payment processes, you will be redirected to a download page. This usually takes no more than a minute or two. I recommend that you download your purchases immediately and save them to your computer. Shortly after your payment processes, you will receive an email that also contains the download link.
The easiest way to access your purchases in the future is to set up a Spark ESL account. All of your purchases will be stored in your personal account and you will be able to easily access them at a later date if need be.
Due to the nature of digital products (ie. they cannot be returned in the same way that a physical product can), Spark ESL does not offer refunds. It is your responsibility to determine if the product is right for you and/or your students prior to purchasing. If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out prior to making a purchase so that you can make a fully informed decision.
In the unlikely event that a complication arises with your order or you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please contact me directly at email@example.com and together we will work out the best solution for you.
I wish you and your students loads of fun and learning with this activity!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped.