This resource contains six sets of 27 cards for playing "I Have, Who Has?".
"I Have, Who Has?" games are a great addition to any ESL classroom.
"I Have, Who Has?" Games:
- provide valuable practice with pronunciation and listening skills
- are the perfect way to review previously taught content
- are challenging but engaging- your students will want to play!
- are a great warm-up or review activity
- can be played with the whole class or in small groups
What you will receive:
- 6 sets of 27 “I Have, Who Has?” cards- each card features one letter or one picture
- all cards are provided in color and in black and white- you choose how to print
- Teachers' notes- including instructions for preparing the cards and playing the game
The six sets of cards included are:
- upper case letters - alphabetical order
- lower case letters - alphabetical order
- upper case letters - mixed order
- lower case letters - mixed order
- picture cards - alphabetical order
- picture cards - mixed order
The pictures featured on the picture cards are: apple, ball, car, dinosaur, elephant, fish, grapes, heart, igloo, jellyfish, kite, light, monkey, net, orange, pig, queen, rainbow, sun, tree, umbrella, volcano, whale, x-ray, yo yo and zebra.
To Prepare the Cards
To prepare the cards, print on cardstock and cut along the dotted lines. For extra durability, laminate the cards.
Playing the Game
Hand out all the cards to students- some students may receive more than one card. To ensure the game works correctly, all cards must be handed out.
The student with the card that reads “I have the first card.” begins the game. This student reads their card: “I have the first card. Who has 'A'?.” The student holding the card with 'A' then reads their card: “I have 'A'. Who has 'B'?”. The game continues in this way until all cards have been read.
For an added challenge, use a stopwatch to time your students and have them try and beat their time on the next round.
PLEASE NOTE: Even if your students are not ‘reading’ yet, they will quickly pick up how the game works and play along.
Colored and Black and White Versions
Two versions of the “I Have, Who Has?” Cards are included; a colored version and a black and white version. The colored version is provided to make colorful, bright and engaging cards. The black and white version is provided as a more economical way to print the cards. To make the black and white cards more appealing, consider printing them on bright, colored cardstock or printing on white cardstock and coloring the pictures. Students love to be involved in this process.
You May Also Like
- Uppercase Letters and Lowercase Letters Matching Cards
- Alphabet Ice Creams - Pastel Colors
- Alphabet Ice Creams - Bright Colors
- Alphabet Clip Cards- Match Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
- Alphabet Clip Cards - Initial Sounds
How To Access Your Resources
As soon as your payment processes, you will be redirected to a download page. This usually takes no more than a minute or two. I recommend that you download your purchases immediately and save them to your computer. Shortly after your payment processes, you will receive an email that also contains the download link.
The easiest way to access your purchases in the future is to set up a Spark ESL account. All of your purchases will be stored in your personal account and you will be able to easily access them at a later date if need be.
Due to the nature of digital products (ie. they cannot be returned in the same way that a physical product can), Spark ESL does not offer refunds. It is your responsibility to determine if the product is right for you and/or your students prior to purchasing. If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out prior to making a purchase so that you can make a fully informed decision.
In the unlikely event that a complication arises with your order or you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we will work out the best solution for you.
I wish you and your students loads of fun and learning with this activity!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped.