Get them up and out of their seats and moving around the room with this engaging and (super fun) Ocean Animals Write the Room Activity.
Write the Room activities are great for so many reasons:
- they get students up out of their seats and moving around the room (ie. burning off some of that excess energy!)
- they are super quick and simple to set up in your classroom
- they can be used to review content that has just been taught, or even to introduce a new topic
- they get students practicing handwriting (this is extra important for students who are not used to writing the letters of the English alphabet)
- they help students to recognise beginning letters and sounds
- they build vocabulary fast!
- kids love them!
What You Will Receive
Two sets of Ocean Animals Write the Room Cards are included. You can use each set separately or put all cards from both sets out at the same time for an extra challenging Write the Room activity. Each set includes:
- 8 Write the Room Cards – Two versions of the cards are included. The first version has the name of the animal written below the picture. On the second version, the name of the animal is scrambled and students must unscramble it before writing it on their recording sheet.
- 1 Recording Sheet – Two versions of the recording sheet are included; a colored version and a black and white version. Print in color or print in black and white and instruct students to color the animals as they complete the sheet.
The following ocean animals are featured in this activity: stingray, seal, dolphin, starfish, clownfish, crab, turtle, whale, octopus, seahorse, eel, shark, squid, jellyfish, puffer fish and lobster.
Preparing the 'Write the Room' Cards
Preparing the ‘Write the Room’ cards is quick and easy. Simply print the cards on white cardstock and cut along the dotted lines. Your cards are ready to use! For extra durability, laminate the cards.
‘Write the Room' Instructions
‘Write the Room’ activities are quick and simple to set up in your classroom. Before setting up your classroom, ensure that you have prepared the cards (see instructions above) and printed recording sheets. To prepare, simply tape the cards to the walls around your classroom.
Provide students with a recording sheet and, ideally, a clipboard or hard surface to write on. Students move around the room and find the cards. They then write the word on their recording sheet in the correct place. If you are using the cards with scrambled words, students first unscramble the word and then record it in the correct place on their worksheet.
How To Access Your Resources
As soon as your payment processes, you will be redirected to a download page. This usually takes no more than a minute or two. I recommend that you download your purchases immediately and save them to your computer. Shortly after your payment processes, you will receive an email that also contains the download link.
The easiest way to access your purchases in the future is to set up a Spark ESL account. All of your purchases will be stored in your personal account and you will be able to easily access them at a later date if need be.
Due to the nature of digital products (ie. they cannot be returned in the same way that a physical product can), Spark ESL does not offer refunds. It is your responsibility to determine if the product is right for you and/or your students prior to purchasing. If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out prior to making a purchase so that you can make a fully informed decision.
In the unlikely event that a complication arises with your order or you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we will work out the best solution for you.
I wish you and your students loads of fun and learning with this activity!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped.